Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Twilight Zone-Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I think that in Kimberly, Wisconsin beauty in women is skinny, tan, make up done, nice clothing on, etc. I think that some of the things that we see as beautiful has been shaped by the media from Hollywood. Therefore some of the things people think is beautiful is unrealistic, such as being tan. Its easy for the media and people in Hollywood to be tan all the time because they live in California where it is almost always sunny and hot enough for you to wear warm clothing and tan your body.

I think beauty does change. Over time people's ideas of what is beautiful change. A long time ago it was more attractive for a women to be pale which is the opposite of what it is now. Men used to look good if they had the George Washington haircut. Even things as simple as the fashion styles change often. Not too long ago overalls were the in thing and now i can't remember the last time I even saw a pair of those.

The ending to the Twilight zone was kind of surprising because it was really good at showing how beauty can be perceived differently by others. I thought that the women that looked like you and me was fairly good looking while the others scared me a little. but nobody in the twilight zone show thought they looked odd at all. it makes me wonder if people from other places such as another country think that we look weird when we actually think we look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment